Skip to main content

Nominations for Best of the Net 2024

As usual, thank you to all the contributors to *82 Review. I always have a hard time deciding, but please know I love you all! Here are the nominations from Star 82 Review (and links to the works) for Best of the Net from 2022-2023, issues 10.3, 10.4, 11.1, and 11.2. Good luck!

The faucet is leaking dear by Jessie Lian

Goodbye by Ivars Balkits

Prison Poetry Reading by Paul Hostovsky

The Lost and Found by Peter Cherches

Experiment 6.13.22 by Jessica Hsu

The Sea Speaks by Royal Rhodes

*

Chrysalises by Amy Marques

Meditations in the Center of a Maelstrom by Leslie Benigni

*

Live Wire by Mark Foss

Our Last Summer in Santa Cruz by Deepti Nalavade Mahule

*

Baby Elephant by Kay Bradner

Singe by Kristina Nobleman

Spadefoot Spasm by Lauren Ari








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with AI Re: Star 82 Review Content

A friend of mine is interested in how AI/Large Language Models work. For our amusement, he asked it about Star 82 Review . It was not good at details, but it proved remarkably astute at generalities after he cautioned it not to make things up.  For contributors: I think it will prove helpful regarding subjects, tone, and the types of humor I publish; I felt it captured the essence of the magazine. However, at the end when it suggests authors, I would add E.B. White and Grace Paley. Below is an unedited transcript. > After looking at the work that has been published within the period of your training data, please characterize they types of fiction that they publish. Based on my training data, which includes a snapshot of the literary landscape up to 2021, I can provide some general insights about the types of fiction published in Star 82 Review. Keep in mind that my characterization is limited to the data I've been trained on and may not reflect the magazine's current or evol...

Sneak Peek at the Cover for Star 82 Review 13.4 and Call for Submissions

Here is an early look at the cover for the upcoming winter issue of Star 82 Review . There is still some room for more wonderful writing and art, so please check the guidelines and consider sending something new! 

Star 82 Review 13.4 Winter Issue Is in Production!

The first print proof for *82 Review 13.4 has been ordered, and I will be working on the web version very soon. I'm very pleased how this issue came together. As usual, I am always reading for future issues. If you have something that fits the mood of the magazine, please do read the guidelines and send your prose, poetry, or art along for spring 14.1. Guidelines:  https://star82review.com/submissions.html  You read mine carefully, I'll read and view your work carefully as well.